Rear fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a lead on a quality rear fuel tank for a ‘77 Land Cruiser. Also I was told that they never came with them from the factory. But this one sure looks like it did. Has an identical fuel door access like the one for the under-seat tank. Wanted some transparency on that. Also I’m looking for a quality pto driveshaft seal (similar to pinion seal, discontinued by Toyota so I can’t get one from them)

Rear fuel tanks were aftermarket. Someone probably adapted the fuel door from another 40 for the rear tank. Thru the yrs several folks made a rear tanks. You could put an ad in the classified section, but @Downey is probably your best bet for a rear tank and skid plate.

Rear fuel tanks were aftermarket. Someone probably adapted the fuel door from another 40 for the rear tank. Thru the yrs several folks made a rear tanks. You could put an ad in the classified section, but @Downey is probably your best bet for a rear tank and skid plate.
Ok thanks so much. I’ll look into that.

Jim @Downey is on MUD and may chime in

Yep Streetiz81, I'm your guy

image-1.jpg

IMG_8439.JPG

Streetiz81, I don't have you down on any list for wanting a Downey tank and/or tank skid plate ????

Streetiz81, I don't have you down on any list for wanting a Downey tank and/or tank skid plate ????
Well I am definitely interested. I probably wouldn’t be on any list as I only just put my feelers out on here a couple days ago. I was just wondering about pricing and obviously wanted to make sure that fitment was correct and all that.

Fitment not an issue at all, except you have to relocate your muffler if it resides in the rear tank realestate. To move forward on this deal I would need your address to determine postage, and your email address to send a PayPal invoice when you are ready to pull the trigger- - -easy deal.

Fitment not an issue at all, except you have to relocate your muffler if it resides in the rear tank realestate. To move forward on this deal I would need your address to determine postage, and your email address to send a PayPal invoice when you are ready to pull the trigger- - -easy deal.
Ok cool. I’m gonna try to figure out how to private message you that stuff.

Yep Streetiz81, I'm your guy

View attachment 3118867
I've got the same nylon tank, fits fine (taking into account the exhaust issue).
Opinion: In the photo of the nylon tank above (test fit?), I would not orientate the hangers as shown, I would flip them such that the bolt flange is facing forward, not facing the tank (to prevent the flange from damaging the tank). Truth be told, I didn't use the supplied hangers, I fabbed a skid plate and used a different hanger system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom