Rear fuel tank. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am at the point to install the supplemental rear fuel tank on Bumpi. Any one with experience have any words of wisdom about;
1. Installing the tank.
2. Configuring the tank to supply a TBI system.

Cheers!
JB

Give me more info, i.e. brand of tank and/or fittings on tank ???

Give me more info, i.e. brand of tank and/or fittings on tank ???
Hi!
1. Thank you for your interest 😀!

2. I intend to buy one of the tanks that Man A Fre offers.

3. I plan to install AN type fuel hoses that will support a Sniper TBI system.

Cheers!
JB

I’d check out the tanks that @Downey sells or Marks off Road sells.

Last edited:
Downys tank is nice with an easy install. I would recommend an in tank pump to prevent vapor lock issues and avoid hearing the noise of the external pump. I have a rear tank. Also ensure your exhaust are routed in a manner that clears the tank so you don't melt a plastic one ir get hot spots on a metal one. External pumps should be mounted below the tank. This isn't really possible with a rear tank. Mine is external and it has vapor locked on me a few times but it was an exhaust (heat) issue.

The Downey/Marks tank has not been available every since workers got paid more money to stay home than go to work. That situation is improving, but so many of the Rotomold companies are playing catch up with their own product lines and have no spare time to mold our tanks. That then leaves the MAF tank as possibly the only tank presently available ??? Any way, you can always use one of my In-Tank Fuel Pump Mounting Kits, even in the MAF tank- - -lemme know if you need more info on this kit ???

The Downey/Marks tank has not been available every since workers got paid more money to stay home than go to work. That situation is improving, but so many of the Rotomold companies are playing catch up with their own product lines and have no spare time to mold our tanks. That then leaves the MAF tank as possibly the only tank presently available ??? Any way, you can always use one of my In-Tank Fuel Pump Mounting Kits, even in the MAF tank- - -lemme know if you need more info on this kit ???
Good to know.

I thought I’d read a post saying Mark had stock recently. @65swb45 how is your fuel tank inventory doing? It’s usually best to call Mark… but he’ll be on here eventually (or so I’m told). I know his reputation here, but I’ve yet to have the pleasure of working with him.

Hi!

Cheers!
JB
The Man A Fre tank is very nice.

I
Ok, How do I find a Downey/Marks website, phone number, or address?

Hi!

Cheers!
JB
The fit on the Downey tank was not good. I had to “reimagine” the hardware. It is plastic. With no baffles. I added foam and fiddled with it until it warped from the exhaust heat. Not to mention the $ spent on different pick up heads I installed like I had done on my buggy fuel cell.

I bought the man a fre aluminum one with skid from BtB/man a fre. Was a game changer. Should have ponied up with what I spent on the Downey with all the fiddling.

Link to my 40 build is in the sig line. Should have some info.

I

Ok, How do I find a Downey/Marks website, phone number, or address?

Jim from Downey Off Road sells his wares through eBay these days as far as I know. Aka @Downey

Downey tanks available again (after Covid), but cost did go up a bit, not Covid's fault, availability of metals fault. I find it interesting that under_psi comments above are the first of any such negative comments on the Downey nylon tanks after selling a few thousand of them since 1970 ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom