Rear fog light pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Given that there is nothing in the rear harness to accommodate the fog, some wiring will likely be required. The dash switch is by far the easiest.

Here's an excellent example of why rear fogs. Plenty of rear fog lights performing duty here... folks still did not slow down, and wreck they did!

image.jpeg

I had these installed in my rear bumper but I never used them in a fog light capacity. I assume the white light would scare the crap out of someone if they ran up behind me in the fog. :)

Going to run the push button switch on the dash and not the steering wheel and do this as cheaply as possible.

Anyone know the wiring colors for the '08+ at the drivers seat and the back end were the light goes? Will document for the group.

Finally getting to this. thanks @bjowett

Note: the breather needs to be unsealed. Take the cap off and breath the paper seal.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 6.57.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Is it paper? Or a breathable piece? I might be thinking of something else.

Extra points for including the rare/unobtanium power steering pump with spring loaded vanes.

Finally getting to this. thanks @bjowett

Note: the breather needs to be unsealed. Take the cap off and breath the paper seal.

I pressurized the unit and didn't get flow. Took the blue breather off and saw paper blocking the port.

image.jpg

Are you running a wire from the cabin to the rear fog or able to tap into the harness to utilize something already there?

Are you running a wire from the cabin to the rear fog or able to tap into the harness to utilize something already there?

Will be looking into it. Don't want to run a new wire.

I have mine not as true rear fog lights but as additional rear lights which look pretty good night. Wired them to rear lights so come on at the same time. Lights were around $60 from Alibaba.
View attachment 2273156View attachment 2273157
Very nice! I'd like to make this upgrade for my 2016. Do you happen to know the website link to this product on Alibaba? Also, did you tap the power from the rear tail- lights above or from the 7 pin tow plug? Looks great!

Very nice! I'd like to make this upgrade for my 2016. Do you happen to know the website link to this product on Alibaba? Also, did you tap the power from the rear tail- lights above or from the 7 pin tow plug? Looks great!
X2, that looks like a simpler solution to get slightly more light on the rear of my truck for blizzard season.

Did this awhile ago, but wanted to share that this is one of the best mods. Useful for rear fogs, but also for rear ambient lighting when night camping. Also works great as rear dust/chase lights when off-road during the day to make sure buddies behind can see you.

I personally don't care for just lighting up the driver side lamp per obscure European laws. More useful to light up both. Controlled via Switchpros which has a nice 3x stage dimming function so I can go with a brighter than normal bulb.

1594962740734-png.2374352

I used this same location for my brake lights when I flat towed my last LX570 behind our class A motor home. I didn't want to mess around with tapping into the stock wiring, or deal with stick on magnetic accessory brake lights so I just put a couple bulbs in both side, made my own wiring harness with a plug in the front grill and just plugged it into the 4pin harness on the Class A when towing the LX. Worked out great and nothing visible/extra to haul around when not in use.

To each their own but I personally HATE rear fog lights. To me they look like someone is applying their brakes all the time. Too bright and too distracting when it's not foggy, particularly in the US where people leave their fog lights on all the time no matter the weather

To each their own but I personally HATE rear fog lights. To me they look like someone is applying their brakes all the time. Too bright and too distracting when it's not foggy, particularly in the US where people leave their fog lights on all the time no matter the weather

True, I hate when they are lit for no reason. Even worse when it's the odd European car that has the single lit rear fog lamp which makes it look broken.

To be fair, fogs are independently switched and have legit purpose. In the southwest, I wouldn't be without them from a safety standpoint. Offroad convoys can literally be blinded to what's ahead with all the dirt and silt kicked up. Same with the Tule Fog in central California where visibility can be down to zero. People that don't have rear fogs resort to flashing hazard lights. Having bright rear fogs can be a real advantage, and I appreciate others that have them too, even if it's the one eyed European spec light.

Nothing irks me more on the road than people running rear fogs when they aren't needed. A close second is Toyota's decision to omit these from US spec LC's.

True they are quite annoying. In bad weather especially snow they can be blinding. A much better option is dust lights mounted to the top of the roof rack. They allow you to be visible in the worst weather or dusty roads. They are safer for those behind you because they are elevated and not pointed directly in your face. Also they are just a very bright yellow or red. The reason they are those colors is because they are very visible at night and not harsh on the eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom