Rear fender well fix ideas ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I ordered new quarter panels for both sides, and outer rocker panels, the problem now is fender wells are rusted through under the roll bar reinforcing braces. I pretty much blew my cash on the other items.
Option 1: patch in between ribs sheet metal, and build some stout angle braces, call it good.
Option 2: Buy some steel diamond plate or sheet and just fab new wells.
Opion 3: Play Powerball, win the jackpot, and purchase a new tub.:D
DSCN5279.jpg
DSCN5280.jpg

I had the exact same issue. New wheel wells and braces ran 600. Braces from CCOT and wells from Pacol. Haven't installed them yet but if you are putting new quarters on you want to get all the rust out or you will have problems in the future. Sorry. Save up for them. They will be worth it.

Those look god enough to patch. Mind you you will only know for sure once it's apart and wire brushed or blasted. Looks like your rear sill is n rough shape by looking at the corner of the rear door. I would take a long hard look at everything and make a plan. Rust is always 10x worse than it looks.

I'm installing the Pacol wells tomorrow, They look good so far.

good luck!

I had the exact same issue. New wheel wells and braces ran 600. Braces from CCOT and wells from Pacol. Haven't installed them yet but if you are putting new quarters on you want to get all the rust out or you will have problems in the future. Sorry. Save up for them. They will be worth it.
The thing I don't like about the braces is the ribs that trap the dirt and caused the rust issues. It rusted from the inside out.

Those look god enough to patch. Mind you you will only know for sure once it's apart and wire brushed or blasted. Looks like your rear sill is n rough shape by looking at the corner of the rear door. I would take a long hard look at everything and make a plan. Rust is always 10x worse than it looks.

I'm installing the Pacol wells tomorrow, They look good so far.

good luck!
I have patched the front floor pan, the rear sill was 100% rusted out , I fabbed a new sill to be welded in. Once the tub is rust free I will coat it with Rust bullet and Raptor liner.
DSCN5303.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom