rear end sag

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Colorado Boy-74-FJ40, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!

My 74 has spring fatigue and sags. Suggestions on shackles or add-a-leaves or new springs. Also ,what would be a good material to coat the inside of the roof on the hard top. Is there a spray acoustic material?

2. dfmorse

dfmorse

I used the OME stuff; it actually made the FJ40 ride better, if that's possible. Man-A-Fre carries this I think. A really good carpet job will reduce noise quite a bit; don't know about any spray stuff...

dfm

3. HawkDriver

HawkDriver

Media:
    Albums:
    I used to notice that when I took the top off it comes up a little and looked a little better. Not that that helps answer your question. ;) The current OME 2.5 in springs hold it up nice and are pretty soft. I would tend to stay away the add a leaves that bolt on top of the axle. You could get by with longer shackles but that's not the best way.

You could try an apholstery/headliner shop, that would prob work nice. The PO put this liner on alot of things and it's super nice, I just don't know what it is. It's like 1/8-1/4 in thick, that might work well for noise reduction. Maybe someone can identify what brand or type this is, it appears to be sprayed on, it's very even not like rolled on.

I know it's not diamondliner or linex.
    01 002.jpg 01 005.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.