rear end sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Threads
My 74 has spring fatigue and sags. Suggestions on shackles or add-a-leaves or new springs. Also ,what would be a good material to coat the inside of the roof on the hard top. Is there a spray acoustic material?

I used the OME stuff; it actually made the FJ40 ride better, if that's possible. Man-A-Fre carries this I think. A really good carpet job will reduce noise quite a bit; don't know about any spray stuff...

dfm

I used to notice that when I took the top off it comes up a little and looked a little better. Not that that helps answer your question. ;) The current OME 2.5 in springs hold it up nice and are pretty soft. I would tend to stay away the add a leaves that bolt on top of the axle. You could get by with longer shackles but that's not the best way.

You could try an apholstery/headliner shop, that would prob work nice. The PO put this liner on alot of things and it's super nice, I just don't know what it is. It's like 1/8-1/4 in thick, that might work well for noise reduction. Maybe someone can identify what brand or type this is, it appears to be sprayed on, it's very even not like rolled on.

I know it's not diamondliner or linex.
01 002.jpg
01 005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom