Rear Driver Side Lean? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Background:
05 LX470 with AHC and ~94k miles.
Damping (soft..firm settings) seem to work fine.
Height control works fine.
Appears that Front DS and PS are same height with car on and off.
Rear DS is .5" lower than rear PS with car on and off. This is the case whether I'm in L, N or H.
I have no AHC fluid leaks, nothing leaking from shocks.

I'm trying to understand what could cause this - do I have a bad shock issue, accumulator issue, or weak spring issue.

Is it possible that by tightening the Front DS Torsion bars the Rear PS would come down a bit? The reason I am in doubt is because currently the front left and right seem to be even. However my head hurts when I think about the fact that the control valve left to right in the front is open (unless steering wheel > 30 degrees) and with height sensors and AHC .. so is it possible that even though front DS is too loose (or Front PS is too tight) causing the rear PS to be too high and Rear DS to be too low, the front is still level?

I guess that's what's throwing me off - front appears level but rear is off. I would have expected to see an opposite corner being effected.

Yes, I have seen numerous leaning to the left - most don't distinguish b/w front and rear. Some of them claim new accumulators fixed the problem, some claim that torsion bar adjustments fixed the problem.

Ideas or advice?

Thanks,
Art

OK - restated simply - if front ds and ps are level, but rear ds is .5" lower than rear ps, is it possible that tightening the front ds will bring down the rear ps (or that loosening the front ps will bring up the rear ds)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom