Rear Drawer Install/Removal times (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sitting here packing for a week long camping trip and now that we have a large puppy it is getting difficult. Removed the 3rd row seats earlier as we are only a family of four for now. Was never interested in a rear drawer system until about an hour ago, but now am very interested for the usual reasons. Been reading thru different threads and most of the pros and cons of each system are covered. Will need to put the 3rd row back in at least a few times a year when people come visit.

So now that many of you are experienced at install and removal of your setups how long does it take you and which setup do you have? Not really interested in a DIY at this point but depending on the answers I may change my mind. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reef is about 5 min to remove, my install is three bolts that you can reach with an impact and one ratchet strap. I have one drawer. Two would be faster, no ratchet strap.

Edit: Also with 1 reef (or stacked 2) you can put down 1 jump seat.

Last edited:
Once you put them in, you can actually remove them without disassembly as a single, huge unit (remove drawers & top. I’ve done it twice. Remove drawers, unbolt... out it comes. Easier with two people as you have to get side piece over the wheel bumps. I did it alone.

Not much fun and would not want to do it regularly...but it’s doable.

I have the reef dual drawer system. It takes me 10-15 min, most of it unloading the drawers. I empty and remove the drawers, flip up the sides and remove it myself.

I have the reef dual drawer system. It takes me 10-15 min, most of it unloading the drawers. I empty and remove the drawers, flip up the sides and remove it myself.

That sounds a LOT easier than my ARBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom