Rear door removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jiggletits

Threads
Got rear ended. Having a shop replace my rear door. Has anyone pulled it off? Freight company says it weighs 250 lbs.

Wondering specifically whether the interior panel must be removed to pull the harness. I would have to take out the Dobinson's drawers in order to do that and I don't trust a shop with that task.

If my memory serves me correct you either have to pull the door panel to remove the harness or pull back the passenger rear interior panel near the bottom and there's a connector there to uplug. I can't recall if there was more to that but pick your poison.

It does not weigh 250 lbs. More like 50 max. The interior panel of the passenger rear of the truck has to be pulled out to get to the plug for the harness that goes to the door. It plugs in inside the truck behind the grommet fitting.

Thanks, noted on wiring.

50 lbs maybe an empty shell…loaded with glass, motors, wiring etc. seems way low. Glass alone is probably 30-40.

Thanks, noted on wiring.

50 lbs maybe an empty shell…loaded with glass, motors, wiring etc. seems way low. Glass alone is probably 30-40.
I have a full door in my basement sitting on the floor. I can pick it up. :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom