Rear door/hatch question: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Will these doors fit on any 60 or is this a "special" 60?

1646247350706.png

Last edited:
Barn doors were never offered in the USA. In Australia, they were on the cheapest model available. The bare bones model was affectionately known as the Poverty Pack.

Barn doors were never offered in the USA. In Australia, they were on the cheapest model available. The bare bones model was affectionately known as the Poverty Pack.
i love the barn doors!!!

I think the answer is that yes, they would fit the space correctly. But your vehicle probably does not have the proper mounting points for the hinge bolts. Mounting for the barn doors are on the pillars and US versions mount upper and lower. follow?

I think there are different body panels for the "swing out back" (SOB) vs. "lift up back" (LUB).

I think the answer is that yes, they would fit the space correctly. But your vehicle probably does not have the proper mounting points for the hinge bolts. Mounting for the barn doors are on the pillars and US versions mount upper and lower. follow?
right...can the mounting hardware be added?

I dont think so. They are factory nutserts or whatever the term. just look at how any of your door hinges mount to the body of your vehicle for reference.

I think there may also be more reinforcement in the vertical body members to suppose the doors. I don't know if it is related but the parts diagrams for the SOB trucks also show the rear corner mounted steps, but the LUB trucks don't seem to offer that accessory/part. This suggests to me the body is reinforced to take loads on the sides.

LUB:
1646257402556.png

SOB:
1646257472951.png

I wouldn’t trade my sitting/work table/beer holding tailgate for anything, it even comes with a fold down overhead canopy.

Barn doors look cool because we never got them, they suck for utility and usefulness.
the barn doors reminds me of the pre 1968 Westys that i've always loved and never obtained :)

1646265891041.png

Last edited:
There was someone on here who painstakingly went through the trouble of installing those things on a US spec 60. It was a fabrication festival. Lots of work involved in making them work, but there are some provisions for the mounts and whatnot that are required for those doors. I don't even know where to begin to search for that thread... but he did a whole write up on it. He was a body/fab guy, if I recall so it was a fun little project for him, but not for the faint of heart.

There is a couple out of Miami who added barn doors recently. They have a bunch of YouTube videos. You could probably search for them using key words.

Edit: maybe not Miami but somewhere in Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom