Rear Disk Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for help!! I have looked at the tech links and found a print for the brackets but when I lay out the part on a cad software the Dims are off somewhere. Does anyone have a good print so i can cut them out on a Waterjet table.

take the measurements off your existing axle housing for the 4 mounting holes, should be able to properly scale the drawing with that, and confirm by scaling the distance between the caliper.

I thought of that but i don't have the calipers and rotor yet and i didn't want to take everything apart until i got all my ducks in a row. it's hard to break down and let the cruiser sit to long not running, it's like loosin' an arm or a leg

I see no need to pull anything to measure the center points on the 4 bolts on the axle....just crawl behind there and put a tape to it...

I believe the hole centers for Monte's are 5-1/2"....see if that scales out correctly once you measure the backside of the axle....

Buy/borrow one and copy it. I found mine used but never installed for $20. Unless setting up the waterjet is what you do for a living why mess with it when they are so relatively inexpensive?

Rear disc brackets

I have just pulled my Rear Disc Brake kit off my FJ40. The brackets are in the back of my car now. Give me a fax number and I will lay one on the copier and fax you the copy. I can write down dimensions to make sure the fax machine does not mess everything up.

They use the monte carlo calipers.

J.R.

I actually create and support the software for a number of companys and i get anything i need cut for free it just cost the price of the steel

dgangle said:
Buy/borrow one and copy it. I found mine used but never installed for $20. Unless setting up the waterjet is what you do for a living why mess with it when they are so relatively inexpensive?
I actually create and support the software for a number of companys and i get anything i need cut for free it just cost the price of the steel

E-TX-TOYOTA said:
Looking for help!! I have looked at the tech links and found a print for the brackets but when I lay out the part on a cad software the Dims are off somewhere. Does anyone have a good print so i can cut them out on a Waterjet table.

I found that the plans (drawn to full size) were a little off when I printed the plans out. They were off by about 1/8” for every inch. I took the dimensions and redrew the bracket. The only real discrepancy I saw was the bracket mounting holes to the axle. It looks like the radius for the mounting holes should be 2.7” centered on the axel or center of the 4” circle. The 3 10mm holes on the bracket look to be centered at 2” on this arc.

Take this for what it’s worth. I plan on making a cardboard mock up before I cut the plate. :)

Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom