Rear Disk Brake Conv. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some advice on a rear disk brake conversion. I have a 75 FJ40 I am putting in a V8 and eliminating the stock transmission and stock transfer case. I need ideas on an emergency brake. Has anyone out there used the BTB Prod. kit and the e-brake calipers with their universal e-brake cable? If so was it an easy installation adapting it to the stock e-brake handle? Any other ideas?
Thanks for your help,
Vern

You have PM.

-Steve

I used the BTB kit on my 75 FJ40 w/o the ebrake, I still have the stock E Brake set up.
The BTB kits are a little expensive but they are complete with everything you need except the flaring tool. With their instructions that include pictures (available to review at the web site) it was about a 4-6 hour job.
TSM also has kits available. I believe they use the Eldorado brake caliper for the e Brake. Then of course you could got to the Tech area of IH8Mud and put a kit together yourself.
For a MAster cylinder you can modify yours and install a proportioning valve or by a disc brake master cylinder for JTO or I believe MArlin sells them as well. They are either from a FJ80 or T100 I am not sure. I bought mine from JTO and it does not need the proportioning valve.
The set up works great.
Goog luck.

Read all about it here

El Dorado calipers with e brakes

cardinal fang said:
Read all about it here

El Dorado calipers with e brakes
This was my bible during my RDB swap and is a great help.

steve (aka) Poser may have already told you but www.downeyoff-road.com also makes a simular kit, dont know if its on there site you may have to order the catalog. do a search it has been covered a lot. i have the eldarodo calipers and have posted a few times about them. they work pretty good i have been happy so far. also check www.tsm.com or at least i think thats there site they have a kit too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom