Rear Disk Bracket I.D. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shark56

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone recognize this rear disk conversion bracket.
Back story. I got this axle under a 1974 frame and body that had been modified by P.O.
Unfortunately, he had brain cancer and was unable to remember were he got the conversion from. He has since passed away. He was certain it came as a complete kit. It was installed, and from appearances and according to him barely had any miles on them. Rotors, although rusty looks like they have never been run. Pads look brand new.
I'm guessing it has Monte Carlo Calipers.. :meh:

20200115_140853.jpg

20200115_140837.jpg

20200115_140814.jpg

20200115_140808.jpg

The bracket looks homemade, The caliper looks like a stk toyota. It's certainly not a monte carlo.

The bracket looks homemade, The caliper looks like a stk toyota. It's certainly not a monte carlo.
That never crossed my mind to check but you are exactly right. Caliper I pulled off on left. 78 on the right.
are your rotors inside of your axle shaft drive flange? or the outside like usual rotor placement?

20200115_143310.jpg

I have a buddy with the same setup

may have been an article in TT that described the setup most likely mid 90’s ... I think my buddy seen it when he was at Ozone Off Road here in NY about that time frame

The setup sucks because you need to remove your axle shaft to cut or replace the rotor ... stops great and it’s toyota parts that was the big draw at the time

Definitely looks like axle, spacer, rotor after cleaning it up some. New one on me.
I remember a year or two ago a thread on someone doing something similar for the rear using toyota parts.
Thanks for the info.

20200115_150037.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom