rear disc rims

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by ranger, Jul 2, 2003.

1. ranger

ranger

What back spacing are you able to get away with on rear discs? 3.5, 3.75?? Or do you have to do custom bs rims, spacers?
    What I have now is soa rear with GM disc conversion, tires I have are 35.15.5X15, trying to determine what the best rims are to run, with the best backspacing. Front is soa, shackle reversal, cut and turned housing with saginaw P/S.
    Another concern is the tires rubbing on the frame, or springs at full turn in the front.
    Any suggestions?

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    I had spring rub in front with my 38.5's on 3.75" BS 10" rims w/ 1/4" spacers....with the 2" BS rims, no problems.

3.75" BS works in the rear with the monte calipers.

Personally, 3" or less BS is nice...little added track width, little less body/spring interference.

3. ranger

ranger

Thanks Woody! I figured I would need around 3" or less BS. More than likely here I will not find any rims less than 3.75 BS, Alaska really sucks for finding parts. Looks like customs, or run adapters. $$$$. :-/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.