rear disc brake brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am ordering parts for the rear disc conversion.

GM calipers is the plan.

I don't seem to read great things about JTO. :confused:

The Streetrod Manufacturing Company wants $180 just for the brackets.
http://www.tsmmfg.com/2490.htm :eek:

Anyone recommend a good bracket that I won't have to screw with too much?

Poser sells them here

Even if there wasn't a $20-30 difference in price (JTO doesn't include mounting hardware or shipping), I'd rather support someone who supports the cruiser community.

Joe has proven many times over that he doesn't.

I have no direct experience with Poser's brackets, but the feedback has been good and I'll be buying some next week.

One count against jto, threaded caliper mounting holes were almost 1/16" off. Had to bend the s*** out of them to get them to work. JTO denigned anything being there fault and said "I specifically need 1985 monte carlo calipers". I hate them. They should at least know about what they sell. forkin rubberheads

Check the tech articles, there was at one time a PDF file with a scale drawing of the bracket. This is what I used. If you can find someone with a plasma cutter, it will take about 10 minutes to make them. I got my metal for free from a scrap bin at a local metal shop.

Hodag

Bought mine from Profitts....no frills, just painted them and good to go..YMMV

theres also the weld-on style from AA manufacturing, like $12 for the pair. no experience with them myself.

I think Poser is out of the brackets right now but PM him he may have more made in the future.

I would agree with buying the brackets from a vendor that supports MUD and/or TLCA even if they are a little more. I have a lengthy parts list for this winter and Long's, Iron Pig and Cruiser Outfitters (and probly others) will be getting my money this time.

RHINO said:
theres also the weld-on style from AA manufacturing, like $12 for the pair. no experience with them myself.

have those on my hybred housing....not recommended. too thin, already tore one "ear" free and had to weld it back up...

gonna source out some "real" brackets pretty soon....IIRC, they are 3/16" and that's too thin...the others out there are 3/8"....brakes need beef

66fj40x2 said:
I think Poser is out of the brackets right now but PM him he may have more made in the future.

I have a couple sets left...

:beer:

woody said:
have those on my hybred housing....not recommended. too thin, already tore one "ear" free and had to weld it back up...

gonna source out some "real" brackets pretty soon....IIRC, they are 3/16" and that's too thin...the others out there are 3/8"....brakes need beef
Woody, you want the specs on a real set of disk brake brackets for a mini?

I also recommend Poser's disc brackets. I ordered his saginaw plate today. I just ordered my calipers and rotors from my friend at a local parts store. I plan on using Downey's S.S. lines to connect the calipers to my 10mm LC t's, unless you guys reccomend something else. Downey quoted $52.00 for their lines.

Lance at Iron Pig is a great place to spend your money also. Called him for saginaw pump bracket, LC pulley, and belt. # is 1-866-IRON-PIG. :beer:

Good luck with your install. :)

Thanks for the info. I'll am hoping to begin the SOA in December. I can't wait to get rid of those drums.

Poser- I'll be in touch....

Andy

Mace said:
Woody, you want the specs on a real set of disk brake brackets for a mini?

definitely....I'll be surprised if they survive CHI, so they'll need redoing prior to TFT

ya gonna post it up, or hand it to me tonite at the airport? :flipoff2:

Poser, you outta get on something for mini rears too....aren't like 80% of the MN guys running those? lol

Heck, even some of the Jeep MN guys are running mini rears ;)

I will have the welders with Brian....and a set of brackets.

Need to make a jig for these...and just have not done it.

Maybe someday....along with the other lifetimes worth of projects... ;)

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom