Rear Disc Brackets TSM vs. JT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any pros or cons on either of the RDB brackets offered by these two vendors? Quite a difference in price. Are TSM product worth it? Please chip in ur .02. Thanks.

Proffits cruisers has them for the best price (at least when I got them a year ago).
Also, Sky has the rotors allready milled out for a better price than I could find for the rotors + machine work.
PMK

if you search jto and weed out all the complaints about their other stuff, you'll find at least one complaint on the disc brackets, but i don't remember what it was. was in a fairly recent thread though.

I put the TSM kit on about 6months ago and have been happy with them.

The rotors that I got were milled perfectly and I did not have any issues with anything that they sent me. It is a beefy kit.

The only problem that I did run into is that the lower caliper bolt (caddy calipers) cannot be completely removed to take the calipers off without lifting the axle off of the springs (SUA) due to some crappy spring/shackle combo that the PO put on.

To my knowledge I have never heard of anyone else having this problem and I don't know that you would have it w/the monty calipers.

But Like I said... in spite of this minor incontinence, I have been really happy w/my TSM kit and I think that this issue will go away w/the new springs and shackles that will eventually go on the truck.

i have had the JTO kit (brackets, rotors, master cylinder) for about 2 years now and no complaints, i also have the caddy calipers and nothing hits anywhere. i did use the TSM brake lines (stainless) i think there is only a diferance in how they mount up, different bolt locations. compare picks and see (if i remember correctly anyway)

I have a pair of jto brackets that had the holes tapped a little off. The caliper mounting holes were not the same spacing as on the calipers. JTO came up with a few good excuses and even went as far as saying that ONLY calipers from a 1985 monte carlo would fit properly. They were very hard to bolt the calipers on to, In the end I clamped them down and was able to get them to flex enough for the caliper bolts to thread. Everyone else says good things of their RDB's, but mine sucked and jto refused to acknowledge any problem.

Thanks for all of the good insight. It is gonna help the high schooler attempting this project.

Jt all the way. I love mine... No problems.

later
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom