Rear disc bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this bracket from Ruff Stuff
This is for a rear disk brake conversion on a 85 Toy Xtra cab

tacebracket.jpg

And this caliper, they don't fit together without modification, I cant seem to be able to get through to Ruff Stuff and ask them why.
There site says all you need is to use the Tacoma caliper.

N1040119483AKE.JPG

I think I need this caliper instead, this is also a Tacoma caliper

627444.jpg

Has anyone used this set up before?

I would like to know for sure before I have to buy different calipers

Thanks
tacebracket.jpg
N1040119483AKE.JPG
627444.jpg

im not sure what caliper to use, but the brackets i had from ruff stuff had all kinds of issues.. I he sent me 2 new sets, they still are not right and my caliper is wearing wrong, the Squeek like hell when the get wet.. maybe their quality control is off or somthing.

It would make sense to use a caliper off a 2WD taco with the single piston, rather than the four. Cause four seems a bit overkill.

but your bottom pic is not one off a taco. it looks like a european caliper, like Mercedes or BMW.

and be sure not to confuse the truck with the tacoma. 2 completly different trucks

It would make sense to use a caliper off a 2WD taco with the single piston, rather than the four. Cause four seems a bit overkill.

but your bottom pic is not one off a taco. it looks like a european caliper, like Mercedes or BMW.

and be sure not to confuse the truck with the tacoma. 2 completly different trucks

The way I found these two calipers was to Goggle Tacoma rear caliper. I am not familiar with the Tacoma to know if these are correct.

Yea I thought the four piston would be overkill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom