Rear diff lock actuator is toast... again :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

asutherland

VA7 HDT
Threads
Website
www.forgottenbc.ca
Again. Ffs. I thought this time it was sealed up nicely, but I guess not. Somehow water got in and destroyed the armature. When I apply voltage to it, it just shorts and doesn't spin.

Does anyone have a lead on a new (or new to me) actuator? Yes, I know Toyota canada can get them for the price of my left leg and first born.

have you thought about converting it to a cable actuated setup. The lockers are the same, the way they select is the same, just need to swap out what selects it. You'd need to custom make it but it would be cheaper Than a new one and would work for ever.

have you thought about converting it to a cable actuated setup. The lockers are the same, the way they select is the same, just need to swap out what selects it. You'd need to custom make it but it would be cheaper Than a new one and would work for ever.

Good luck Mat..... Ive been preaching that course of action for years, ever since Andrews's first motor fell into a dusty heap on my workbench. Andrew likes his lights, switches and little electric axle motors. LOL.

GO CABLES!! :deadhorse:

Could you not just turn them into air lockers if cable and electric work why not air no custom cable just a cut to length hose could even use the wiring lights and switches

Hey Cam, where's your cruiser? LOL ;)

I may end up buying a new one from Yan. At least then I know I'll have 20 years of trouble free locker action. My front has always worked perfectly (and I have never touched it) so I think I've just had bad luck with the rear.

I should probably sell you Angela's since its been sitting for over a year! Haha

I may end up buying a new one from Yan. At least then I know I'll have 20 years of trouble free locker action. My front has always worked perfectly (and I have never touched it) so I think I've just had bad luck with the rear.

I knew it..... :lol:

(And yes..... Im ignoring the first line of your answer :grinpimp:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom