rear demister/defogger switch wiring diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to use a demister switch to engage the dual battery system on my truck(pulled out of Jamie Floyd's wrecked "Gator"). I can not figure out how the wiring is set up in the switch. Does anyone know? How about the location of a wiring diagram for the demister switch.

Thanks

This isn't exactly what you are looking for but Raven did a great write-up on using a rear heater switch for a dual battery system. That switch is back-lit and DPDT with center off. I am not familiar with an 80-series "demister" switch so maybe you can post up a picture of what switch you are trying to use. Are you talking about the rear window heater? If so, that is a push-push (on/off) switch and only a SPST switch. I think you will want a DPDT for the dual battery system.

Maybe you should start by telling us what you are trying to accomplish.

-B-

Last edited:
-B-

The demister switch is the rear window defogger switch. I had never heard it call "demister" until I started this project. This battery set up was originaly done be Slee(In the "Gator"). I am using the diagram on his web site to do my install. I just don't know how to attach the wires to the switch. Please see diagram at http://www.sleeoffroad.com/technical/images/dual_batteries.PDF In the top left hand side it talks about the demister switch. Thanks for your help.

Todd

You should consider spending $10 with TIS and download all the manuals for your vehicle. It takes a few hours but the resource is invaluable when working on projects like this.

The EWD calls that the Rear Window Defogger switch.

-B-

Attachments

• EWD_36 Rear Window Defogger.pdf
    23.5 KB · Views: 563
Why do you need all this to make your winch work? don't you want to be charging the battery's when your using the winch?

I would not want any switch that would disconnect both battery's for the charging circuit I had a set up on my 76 Chevy truck that I could run off both 1&2 or batt 1 or batt2 or it i had both switch's to off no battery's. Well I never would switch them both to off until on day I thought driving down the road what would happen if I turned em both off. Well I got a instant power surge if only for a 1/1000 of a second my radio burnt out and a few days latter my HEI distributer went bad.

If it was me until someone points out why and just not says go back and read 1000's of older posts.
I would hook the winch to your second battery hook your 200 amp solenoid up run it off the alternator good or some other power that is only on when the motor is running.

This is what I would do get a DPDT 10-Amp Toggle Switch with Center Off Position switch from radio shack Model: 275-1533 Catalog #: 275-1533
In one position it will turn on the solenoid from the alt run in the other it will turn on from the extra battery it that position you can start from the extra battery if the main one is dead. 99% of the time you just leave it to work off the alternator run circuit. and in center off it will keep the solenoid off.
And power your winch from your second battery.

25fst52.jpg

2mm7oyw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom