Rear corner curved glass - 1975 FJ40: How do you tell the difference? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, everyone. I have a single curved glass corner for an FJ40. I know that it is from 1972 onwards, because it has the larger dimensions (about 15" high, for example). I'll be putting it on a mid-1970's era FJ40 top when I source it.

My question is: How do you tell the difference between a right hand and a left hand curved glass panel without putting it on the actual top? I'd like to know which side I have. I'm looking to source a new top, and so forth, and would like to purchase the correct second corner glass.

James

i talk to the classic cruisers regularly, theyre great on the phone. call and ask how they distinguish their used selection, if you don't get a good answer on here first.

Thank you, asu4runner. I see you have a 75 FJ40 as well! Yes, the folks at Classic Cruisers are fantastic. I'll give them a call if I don't get an answer here.

Hey, everyone. I have a single curved glass corner for an FJ40. I know that it is from 1972 onwards, because it has the larger dimensions (about 15" high, for example). I'll be putting it on a mid-1970's era FJ40 top when I source it.

My question is: How do you tell the difference between a right hand and a left hand curved glass panel without putting it on the actual top? I'd like to know which side I have. I'm looking to source a new top, and so forth, and would like to purchase the correct second corner glass.

James
Here's pics from my 78. First is the driver side and the writing is on the outside. Second is passenger and writing is on the inside:

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

Hope this helps.

Reactions: flx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom