Rear Cool Switch: Need Electrical Wiring Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this in the 80s section but no luck. Maybe those with Australian/Middle East 80s Owners can help.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...-need-electrical-wiring-help.html#post6628441

Rear Cool Switch: Need Electrical Wiring Help
I'm going to add a Rear AC to my HDJ81 which did not come with any factory wiring. I obtained already the Rear AC unit (will have it mounted in the next couple of weeks). I obtained also the Rear Cool Switch for the dash. Due to my fog lights/other accessories, I aready have a ignition power ready to connect to the switch. What I intend to do is when I turn on the switch, the ignition power will then be passed to a relay. Which in turn will power the blower in the rear AC.

The switch had 6 terminals in the back. I was able to figure out already Terminals 1 and 3 as illumination. And based on the attached pic from the FSM, I was able to trace continuity already.

However, I tried various combinations for Terminals 2, 4, 5, 6. But I'm unable to tap in my ignition power to any terminal that will allow me to:
(a) provide an output line to my relay AND
(b) power on the built-in "ON" light

Can somebody help me as to how do I wire this switch?
What should be connected to Terminals 2, 4, 5, and 6.?

Maybe you have a wiring diagram for this switch / rear AC setup?
rearcoolerswitch.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom