Rear cargo area privacy cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can purchase a rear cargo area privacy cover (Note: I'm NOT referring to a cargo liner). Sometimes I have belongings that I want to keep in the cargo area (with the 3rd row seats foled up), but I am hesistant to do so unless I have a "privacy" cover. My last car was a 4Runner, and it had a rear cargo cover that covered up bags, briefcase, etc.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

tarp?

I wouldn't be suprised if there was a OEM cover, it would have only been an option on 100's without 3rd row seats.......I know the 80's had this as an option in Canada I think

I've read that it was optional on the "van" models with 2 rows of seats for some years here.

A quick search yielded these pics, but not sure if this was OEM or not. I've also read that it was available for foreign markets, too.

HTH,

Mot
gtbfc000-img568x426-1127609430p9250004.jpg
gtbfc000-img568x426-1127609445p9250006.jpg
gtbfc000-img568x426-1127609439p9250005.jpg

mot said:
I've read that it was optional on the "van" models with 2 rows of seats for some years here.

A quick search yielded these pics, but not sure if this was OEM or not. I've also read that it was available for foreign markets, too.

HTH,

Mot

Thanks for the replies. It would be nice to know if anyone has ideas on how I could order one similar to these pics (which seem to allow for the seats to be folded up). Any links would be helpful. Thanks all.

Closest thing is the "flat luggage deck," OEM...42,000 yen. It doesn't retract w/ a spring like the tonneau covers.

Last edited:
sf_cruiser,

I know it's not exactly what you want, but you could have a cover made to the right size and then add snaps to the interior panels of the 100. This way you could put maybe 4 snaps down each side and then snap the cover in place. I've seen this done on the beds of pickup trucks. Just an idea if you're not able to find what you're looking for. You should be able to go to a marine store where they make boat covers to get something like that made up. Good luck with whatever you end up going with.

they are available OEM but they are quite pricey. $645.00 is list and there are 2 different colors. If you really have to have one I could get you one for $425.00 + shipping. But you also would have to have the brackets to hold it in place which are about another $60.00

CPJONES1231 said:
they are available OEM but they are quite pricey. $645.00 is list and there are 2 different colors. If you really have to have one I could get you one for $425.00 + shipping. But you also would have to have the brackets to hold it in place which are about another $60.00

Hi CPJONES1231,

Can you send me some details of the cover, and what type of brackets I need to get? I have a grey interior on my '06 TLC. Are there pictures you could post, or send me a private e-mail with? Thanks alot.

SF Cruiser

How about a big sleeping bag to throw over all the gear. It works on two levels.

The little sneakthief can't see the goods.

9878121_125.jpg

and

He figures you are a cheapskate who wouldn't have anything worth stealing anyway. :D

Also good for winter safety,picnics and outdoor recreation with the significant other.;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom