Rear bumper USA vs aus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I like the way the is rear bumper sits closer to the back of the car than the way they came in oz. over here, they have a diamond plate extender or a two piece with a step in he middle that protrudes just as much.

i took the diamond plate extender off and tried to reinstall but can’t. The bumper clashes with the frames rear cross member. Seems like the bumper would need some serious bending on the bottom, or cut out a few sections to make it fit. The bumper looks straight and is genuine Toyota.

how do you yanks get them to fit?

60B3E588-684E-4FD2-9FD6-8660D2E4C3A0.jpeg

81ADE4B7-2BF9-4923-824F-A3AF275EF65F.jpeg

5D51D2C1-B3E6-4242-B3C0-B9087FEE45AA.jpeg

We yanks never got anything like that diamond plate piece. We just got the standard chrome bumper.

Gee us Canadians up here in the great white north eh, with our exotic diesels didn’t even get anything like that either. Sorry!

That piece across the back isn't on the US models.
Yeah I know.
From what I can tell, the frames are exactly the same, so when I remove the diamond plate, why won’t the chrome bumper go on?
I expected the bumper to fit over the frame but the frame is wider than the bumper.

60 and 62 rear bumpers are interchangeable. Your blue stripe truck seems to have the correct brackets on the frame. Maybe your bumper is bent?

That diamond plate looks like a cob job to me.

I think a picture of the diamond plated piece and the Oz bumper that shows the parts that connect to the frame would help to understand. Maybe you'll need to make an adapter if the diamond plate piece was used to attach the frame and bumper together.

Update. I realised the us version of the rear bumper has a section on the lower lip cut out so as not to clash with the frame. I will cut out my rear bumper in the same manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom