Rear Bumper Thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking about buying a rear bumper.

I don't want to build my own, don't have the means.

So, It's between Slee and Man a Fre's 4+.

Any comments on either?

for what they cost, you could buy the means(machine) and most of if not all the material you would need.

I agree with brian. Start on rear bmpr w/tire carrier & then build ur self some sliders,roof rack, frnt bmpr
& having some welding knowledge is good.

Thats what i did:cheers:

how hard is it?

for what they cost, you could buy the means(machine) and most of if not all the material you would need.

I'm also trying to source bumpers, sliders, and a rack for my FJ62 and the thought has crossed my mind about trying to build my own but I've never welded and don't know how tough it will be to build quality gear... I'm plenty comfy with tools, from rebuilding a motor to fabbing a gauge mount out of scrap metal and everything in between, think I do a decent job at what I know to do, but how long would it take me to get the hang of welding??? Can you describe the learning curve to, for example, learning to weld by building your own sliders?

I love my Kaymar...

SROR.
DSCN1054.jpg

I have a 4+bumper and like it a lot.
Here it is modded a bit... to meet my needs...
manuchao-albums-fzj60-picture17879-she-has-nice-wide-rear-end.jpg

However if you go this route dont bother with the PC.. It wont hold that well and will start to peel off in no time.

I would also recommend the 4x4 labs.. the low profile on them bumpers is really nice looking....

If you know of anyone that has a welder and can weld.. the kit that "fourrunner" posted above.. would be the way to go for price.... wish he had been around when I was looking at getting a bumper...

Good luck !!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I have some welding skill, just no room to put a kit together.

Slee is close to me and know their s***.

I'm also trying to source bumpers, sliders, and a rack for my FJ62 and the thought has crossed my mind about trying to build my own but I've never welded and don't know how tough it will be to build quality gear... I'm plenty comfy with tools, from rebuilding a motor to fabbing a gauge mount out of scrap metal and everything in between, think I do a decent job at what I know to do, but how long would it take me to get the hang of welding??? Can you describe the learning curve to, for example, learning to weld by building your own sliders?

According the person who taught me, I seemed to have a natural talent for welding so it didn't take me long to pick it up.

It's very different from person to person, but all i can say is PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. It makes such a difference especially if you know an experienced welder that can critique your welds and give you tips on how to improve.

I'd suggest picking up a used Miller or Lincoln and some scrap metal and just welding it all together. :banana:

4X4 Labs is one of the best..... Call and speak to Luke
4X4 Labs, Luke in CA.....JPG

Yeah. My 4x4labs rear bumper is nice. It literally saved my FJ60's ass on the rubicon...
rubicon 02.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom