Rear bumper poll (1 Viewer)

DVS or Dissent

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ya I guess $4500 after taxes and freight vs $4000 seems moot to me. However the 200 is a completely different material and design (3-piece) and all are quite new, probably just a typo. Good luck with the decision.

Taxes are $400 alone(10.2% sales tax)

It's not about moot. I don't need everything on the slee. So why pay more, and add more weight that I don't need?

If dissent was a new company offering a new product it would be one thing. But they're a proven company that's expanded their line.

If a new land cruiser rolled out next year and slee built a front bumper no one's gonna say..
Well it's a new bumper, I don't know.

The dissent is 3700 before shipping.
The slee is 4500 before shipping.
$800 buys a lot of gas.

If dissent was a new company offering a new product it would be one thing. But they're a proven company that's expanded their line.

If a new land cruiser rolled out next year and slee built a front bumper no one's gonna say..
Well it's a new bumper, I don't know.

Ya I like Dissents design probably the most both front and rear and have been following him since he got started in 2016 and expanded in 2018. I guess it just depends on how you want to define "new."

Completely agree that no one would question a Slee design on a new LC as they have been around for decades, a staple vendor for Landcruiser's and are proven by tens of thousands of customers.

Ya I like Dissents design probably the most both front and rear and have been following him since he got started in 2016 and expanded in 2018. I guess it just depends on how you want to define "new."

Completely agree that no one would question a Slee design on a new LC as they have been around for decades, a staple vendor for Landcruiser's and are proven by tens of thousands of customers.

I wouldn't consider a company making bumpers for 7 years as new.

You may want to consider the need for a hitch, trailer harness, built in lights and possible weight of the bumpers on your decision. If not an issue to have any and already having the Delta on the front I would say it's a clear choice to have the matching DVS rear. They don't look like they will match up well.
- If Dissent had the bumper available earlier I might have gone front rear with them over Delta.
- The lines look better on the DVS IMO. The Dissent is more squared and doesn't flow with the body lines as well.
- Both seem evenly equipped.
- Be ready for the 80 to start handling different with all that weight on each end. The rear DVS really made a big difference on how the 80 felt on the highway. Don't know the Dissent would be any different tho.
- I have a near 150 lb spare. Its pushing what the DVS can support IMO. The swingout bearing is a beast but the support has sagged a few times and needed adjusted and it shakes pretty good on rough roads.
- The locking latch on the passenger side rusted out on me but I think this was an early version and fixed. Make sure you grease these if you go this route.
- Neither look to open enough. IMO they should have 2 stops and an option to open up 90 degrees.
- I don't think rock crawling is your thing but the DVS seems more than beefy enough to take on rock bashes. The mounting was well thought out and solid.
- DVS support and response time has gone downhill over the last few years. Don't know about Dissent.

EDIT* Oh, and get the ladder at minimum. The 2nd swingout just looks funny without it. I realize it was part of the design and works great but the two rear mounting plates were a bit on the large side when designed. I think the intent was to load a ton of s*** on them with accessories. Bare bones, it just doesn't look right.

You may want to consider the need for a hitch, trailer harness, built in lights and possible weight of the bumpers on your decision. If not an issue to have any and already having the Delta on the front I would say it's a clear choice to have the matching DVS rear. They don't look like they will match up well.
- If Dissent had the bumper available earlier I might have gone front rear with them over Delta.
- The lines look better on the DVS IMO. The Dissent is more squared and doesn't flow with the body lines as well.
- Both seem evenly equipped.
- Be ready for the 80 to start handling different with all that weight on each end. The rear DVS really made a big difference on how the 80 felt on the highway. Don't know the Dissent would be any different tho.
- I have a near 150 lb spare. Its pushing what the DVS can support IMO. The swingout bearing is a beast but the support has sagged a few times and needed adjusted and it shakes pretty good on rough roads.
- The locking latch on the passenger side rusted out on me but I think this was an early version and fixed. Make sure you grease these if you go this route.
- Neither look to open enough. IMO they should have 2 stops and an option to open up 90 degrees.
- I don't think rock crawling is your thing but the DVS seems more than beefy enough to take on rock bashes. The mounting was well thought out and solid.
- DVS support and response time has gone downhill over the last few years. Don't know about Dissent.

EDIT* Oh, and get the ladder at minimum. The 2nd swingout just looks funny without it. I realize it was part of the design and works great but the two rear mounting plates were a bit on the large side when designed. I think the intent was to load a ton of s*** on them with accessories. Bare bones, it just doesn't look right.

That's a lot of good info.

Zero need for a hitch. I don't own a trailer small enough and never intend to pull one.

I have nothing on my roof. A ladder would look as silly as nothing.

We do a lot of wheeling here on the rocks. I have a caved in rocker panel already from a lack of sliders. Which is why I haven't looked at the bolt or weld on tire carrier options. I have the protection the bumper provides too.

DVS all the way. Check out the latching mechanism and how it carries the weight of the swing out. It's what sold me. A lot of the others use tension locking systems which aren't nearly as thoroughly engineered or as easy to operate.

I've beaten the tar out of mine and it still operates smoothly with a 37" tire strapped to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom