Rear Bumper Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Morning all,

I have or have ordered everything for phase 1 of my conversion of my '13 LC (front bumper, BP-51s, winch, wheels/tires, aux tank) EXCEPT the rear bumper. I'm on the waiting list with Slee, and am being told that it is still months away.

Looking for some experienced advice. Is there anything else out there that is as rugged and able to take a "drop" like the Slee bumper, or should I just wait?

Thanks in advance.

I would check out Bump It Offroad. Mike makes excellent products.

I'm very happy with the BIOR product that I have on both my 100 and 200. Mike is an awesome guy and super good to deal with.

I'm very happy with the BIOR product that I have on both my 100 and 200. Mike is an awesome guy and super good to deal with.
Wow. I didn’t know Mike made 200 series bumpers. That’s awesome! I love my BIOR rear on my 100

Not trying to throw shade on BIOR. I have the Slee unit. It’s worth the wait.

I don’t think Trail Tailor sells them anymore but he was a good option. I read good stuff about RLC Fab. Here is one on the classified for sale.

For Sale - 200 Series Rear Bumper - RLC Fab

FYI... this is on the way to me, no longer for sale. I wanted the Slee, but couldn't pass up this opportunity to get the RLC for MUCH less and faster. I updated the For Sale thread.

Got it, thx.

I have one of the “oldest” Slee rear bumpers in existence...and it has taken an incredible POUNDING under my extremely heavy & aggressively-wheeled rig.

The thing literally saved me with its side wing 14 months ago in Moab...because despite the full weight of my rig slamming sideways...the right side wing didn’t give even a quarter inch!! That...is how much wiggle room I had...and it didn’t budge. Paid for itself several times over already.

I honestly don’t know of any rear bumper that could have been that solid—especially at a point that is notoriously weak on most bumpers...including those that are otherwise stout.

Also worth noting is the @sleeoffroad will absolutely stand behind their product.
-Case in point... I have one of the earliest rear bumpers, and shortly after mine was made...they made a slight change to the tire side. **Slee took my swing out after Telluride...and I just took delivery of them—after Slee updated it to reflect the change...and charged nothing. So...I can now return to my extreme loading of my swing outs...and my tendency to beat the living crap out of my armor.

(By the way...Din’t worry If you’ve had your Slee rear for a while. The few that were like mine have already been addressed. :) )

But anyway... For what is currently available...I am convinced that Slee is THE Strength Champ by a pretty healthy margin. Not everyone needs that kind of strength, or tge ability to carry massive weight on their swing outs as I do... but those who do? I strongly believe that Slee rear bumper has no equal. And ya, it’s expensive. Worth every one of my saved-up pennies. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom