Rear Bumper Options (New Member) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just thought I'd give an update on everything

I sent 4x4Labs a few emails about the missing bolts for the license plate bracket but I have not gotten a response from them. Not sure why.
Communication does not seem to be their best attribute. It's ok though, I can let this one go. It's been a really tough few months for me so I can't imagine it being any easier for others.
No big deal.

I ended up using some long 1/4" bolts and large fender washers to hold the plate up. It looks good and is strong enough for the plate and light.

Bumper is very high quality. Powder coating is good but it is missing from the hitch receiver. Tire carrier has minimal rattling.
I noticed that the sides are not exactly the same length, about 1/4" closer to the flare on the passenger side compared to the driver's. Upon further inspection, it is unequal lengths on the bumper; this is not from a bent frame or anything. Little disappointed by this but I can live with it.

With all that said, I think I got what I paid for. I am very happy with it. And again, for my specific Land Cruiser, this was the best way to fix its original problem.

Glad to hear you like it! Still waiting on mine. Got a call June 3rd that it would ship in a day or so...Still waiting,maybe this week it will ship

Glad to hear you like it! Still waiting on mine. Got a call June 3rd that it would ship in a day or so...Still waiting,maybe this week it will ship
I hope all goes well for your bumper. My experience definitely could have been smoother, but the bumper is on the truck now so all is good.

Wanted to mention another thing that I noticed. When I am accelerating from a stop, sometimes I feel like the tire carrier kinda "slots" into place and I can feel it in my seat. Almost like a bad bushing? I mean, my bushings are probably all original and could use replacing sooner or later, but I only started noticing this after I got the bumper. I have the latch as tight as I can get it where I can still get it opened and closed without destroying my hands. But yeah I still feel like I got something knocking the rear if I pull from a stop just right. Just FYI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom