Rear Bumper is 95% done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Many of you know that I got a rear bumper with swing arm a few months back. I just wanted to show an update.

Here is the latest part to the story.

Jerry Cans BABY!!!!!!

Nato style, no leak, kick ass!
DSC_0135.jpg
DSC_0136.jpg

I wonder if you could powdercoat those stockers next time? That might be cool.

OH, and in case you were wondering what the other 5% is to be done...

3M rubberize coating! :bounce2:

Looks good bro, I think the rattle canning is great......hell, my entire truck is rattle canned!!!!!!!!!!! Good to sorta see ya saturday.:)

looks great man. where did you get the safety can's. i havent seen any like that in stores on the east coast???

Lookin good Gunnar:beer:

What's your "center cap" sticker?

Butt

it is a New Belgium Brewery Sticker. It is all about the :beer: baby!

Looks good bro, I think the rattle canning is great......hell, my entire truck is rattle canned!!!!!!!!!!! Good to sorta see ya saturday.:)

Rattle can is my friend, and so are you ;) . I was telling Jim that I missed seeing you that day, and then there you were! :bounce: even if just for a moment. I hate that I live so close, yet so far from you guys. You are all so great to hang with.

looks great man. where did you get the safety can's. i havent seen any like that in stores on the east coast???

I found them here they are the second cans down on the page. You have to order a pour spout with them, as they do not come with one. I have yet to fill them, but just from testing the fit of the pour spout I can tell these are 5,000,000,000,000,000% better than those POS Blitz cans I was using. Blitz = :mad: :bang: Wedco = :grinpimp::beer::cheers::steer::clap::wrench: :popcorn:

the Ron Paul sticker is my favorite part of your rig.

That is really cool.

The 3M rubberized coating - is that the same stuff used for sound deadening, protective coatings, and underseal ?

Where's it gonna go? Inside?

Where's it gonna go? Inside?

uh, no. I am going to coat the bumper with it. it will be better than paint, less likely to come off when it bumps up against stuff like rocks, dirt or trees than paint. And it will give some grip to my shoes when I am standing on it. Not that I stand on it all that often, but you get what I am saying.

I'd check the UV resistance and shear strength of that 3M before spraying. There should be a 3M TDS (tech data sheet) floating around the www for it.
I'll venture that bedliner would be a more appropriate coating pending verification otherwise.

The bumper looks great. I need to get a tire carrier setup to weld onto my bumper. Yours from SROR? I like New Belgium beers. The 1554 Enlightened Black Ale is one of my favorites.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?66666UuZjcFSLXTt4xMcNxfVEVuQEcuZgVs6EVs6E666666--

Well, no word on the UV resistance, but with natural rubber as a base, I'd expect severe chalking eventually. Along with the inability to top coat it (ie add a uv resistant coating) I'd steer towards something else. Looks like the abrasion resistance is sufficient, but an even higher solids product like bedliner could be tougher yet.
That's taking into account the very high film-thickness of both products. Ignoring that, then I'd use good ole Rustoleum and touch up as needed.

How's that for a heapin dose of unsolicited advice? hehe

How's that for a heapin dose of unsolicited advice? hehe

That made me laugh very hard, and I need to laugh today (had a nasty car accident yesterday).

I am thankful for people like you, who think of the things that I do not. So Thanks for that info. I think I may use it on the inside of my roof instead. I have read that it is very good for road noise and vibration reduction. I plan on using acumat on most of the interior of the vehicle but was not wanting to add that much weight to the roof of the vehicle. This may be my best solution. Thanks :cheers:

The bumper looks great. I need to get a tire carrier setup to weld onto my bumper. Yours from SROR? I like New Belgium beers. The 1554 Enlightened Black Ale is one of my favorites.

1554 is great stuff. My personal fav is their Abbey Ale. The way the flavor lingers on your tongue is fantastic. Fat Tire is a classic good bear that tastes great with just about anything. The sad part is that you can not get Abbey out your way. You need to head east out of Cali. I hear that you can get it in parts of Nevada, but that is only a rumor to my ears. I get it straight from the brewery... Less than 15 miles from my house :bounce::beer::bounce::beer::bounce::beer::bounce:

Dirty have you tried Trout slayer Ale? Originally brewed by Bayern Brewing, bought by Big Sky recently and i heard they pussified the name and changed it to "dancing trout" ghey. At any rate if big sky hasn't screwed it up its one of the best new beers Ive had in the last year or so. Your rig is looking awesome dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom