Rear bumper and storage done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Built this week, just thought I would get your thoughts. I got some ideas from other boxes and bumpers. Kept them simple but strong.

Phil

Last edited:
Nice work! Simple, strong and good sleeping platform.

The bumper looks great as well. Any plans for your resonator and tail pipe?

looks good!

another vote on a nice bumper .. love the sides ...

Just donering, nobody seems to make a bumper that use the center section of the frame ( rally only need the both side parts .. ) ?

Thanks all. The tubing is the handle for my Oasis air compressor. I built the bumper from scratch. I posted the front bumper pics not too long ago. I cut the frame off 3" behind the last body mount. There are two other factory holes on the side of the frame. I welded blind nuts in those for the mounting. It is all 3/16. The main cross section is 2x4. The mounting is through and through where you see the tow points. As well as the reciver with the chain hooks flush to the inside.

The storage is 5/8 ply, screwed, glued and you know. All supplies, steel from rem pile, paint, carpet, spray glue, and so on. I am into both for about $300.00. I checked with 4x4 labs for their kit. Build it myself with two spendels for swing outs was $995.00. Just too much right now. And I was being lazy. I built the storage on tuesday and the bumper wed-thurs.

exhaust is next been surching here for ideas.

phil

Last edited:
One of the nicest homemade bumpers I've seen; clean looks and has everything you need.

Would the tow tabs be robust enough to pull at an angle without yielding?

One of the nicest homemade bumpers I've seen; clean looks and has everything you need.

Would the tow tabs be robust enough to pull at an angle without yielding?

In my past experance they do well. It is 1/2" flat bar.

Nice work. Especially the bumper. Can you post pics from under the bumper, how it attaches to the frame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom