Rear Bumper advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jdfern

SILVER Star
Threads
My stock bumper on my 2003 LC is pretty beat up and I am considering replacing it with an after market type. I just want protection for now. I'm not looking for ladders, tire or jerry can carriers.(for now)
I like the ARB modular with the blanking panels and I think I'm going to go for that. I would like to know what is involved with the installation, so I wrote to ARB and a dealer asking for the installation guide or instructions but so far no reply. I searched on the web for ARB rear bumper install guide but no luck. I really don't want to have to cut anything if possible so I would really like to know what is involved. Any advice is welcome, Thanks

Funny you should ask...
Just going through an install yesterday on my '03 LX470 and the instructions included with the bumper are crap. Rather, the pictures are crap, so you can't see what they are trying to show you. Luckily, someone had posted these in another thread.

Attachments

• 5613210.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 5613220.pdf
    719.1 KB · Views: 349
If departure clearance is important to you- the ARB will not help- in fact it may be a little worse than stock unless you up-rate rear springs to compensate for sag from being heavier.

Funny you should ask...
Just going through an install yesterday on my '03 LX470 and the instructions included with the bumper are crap. Rather, the pictures are crap, so you can't see what they are trying to show you. Luckily, someone had posted these in another thread.
Perfect, Thank you very much!

Reactions: CPC
If departure clearance is important to you- the ARB will not help- in fact it may be a little worse than stock unless you up-rate rear springs to compensate for sag from being heavier.
Thank You, I appreciate the advice.

Having a hard time deciding which bumper to go with. Now I’m taking a closer look at the Victory 4x4 strike rear bumper for the 100 LC. Anyone have experience good or bad with this bumper they can share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom