Rear brakes seized up, Lockright Toast? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BGarcia88FJ62

SILVER Star
Threads
Like the tile says had to death wheel the drum off. Brake shoe delaminated and jammed up in the drum. Video indicates the Lockrite locker is toast I’ll remove the diff to verify. Wonderful Sunday shenanigans. Leaving for MardiKrawl August 25th this is going to be an interesting week.

9D67B7A6-20B3-49CE-B40F-BC5F66C4E03F.jpeg

67054A2B-442C-4A7C-A68A-5799291100E4.jpeg

Like the tile says had to death wheel the drum off. Brake shoe delaminated and jammed up in the drum. Video indicates the Lockrite locker is toast I’ll remove the diff to verify. Wonderful Sunday shenanigans. Leaving for MardiKrawl August 25th this is going to be an interesting week.

View attachment 2759717

View attachment 2759718
Can’t figure out how to post a video from my phone I’ll post tomorrow ✌️

Nice 7/16" bolts Ben. I don't recall, did I mod those hubs for you? :beer:

I don't see how the locker could be related to the brakes.. probably just coincidence? I pulled mine out last year after five years with it and have been having fun wheeling open rear since. Wish I was making it Mardi Krawl. Next year :)

Old trick up here is to use a tiger propane torch and heat it until it smokes and
the drum will separate from shoe. 10lb sledge from behind, and the drum pops off.
So what makes you think the locker is no good? Does the axle not spin any more?

Next time, cut the brake nails from behind and the drum and delam. shoes will all fall off together in a pile.
Freaking Brilliant! Unless the springs and stuff hold them in. Live and learn, J

Fortunately for me, I could get the drum off the other side without cutting the nails and study the spring layout. Because............ when you cut the brake nails and pull it all off, everything goes 'boom' and you have a pile in the floor and all the springs are mixed up.

A brake hardware kit from Rock Auto on closeout was something like $6.00, so that was easy to remedy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom