Rear brakes - Metal clang over bumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Formulaonehd

NWZ - The storm is here
Threads
Hi all

Can anyone confirm if it is a common issue for the rear brakes to develop a loose clanging metal noise that only shows its annoying face when you go over bumps?

I was able to prove this by raising the E/hand brake up a click or two and the issue would go away. Tried adjusting the rear cable and didnt help strangely enough. Dont think i did it incorrectly but does anyone know which component in the brake system is actually causing it as a common issue on these trucks ,knowing E-brakes are virtually useless on them anyway ??

I want to avoid replacing everything as my brakes actually work fine but the clang is driving me nuts

Can you confirm the rubber part is still on the stopper bolt that is attached to the bellcrank? It is on page BR33 of the commonly circulated FSM. I captured and posted the snapshot from the relevant FSM page below.

stopper bolt.jpg

I had this a happen a few years back and it was the e-brake pads that were disconnected and would rattle around.

This is interesting. Ive had a clang over rough roads / potholes Since i bought the car two years ago. couldn’t figure out for sure what it is. Now you have me wanting to investigate more. I was going to be ordering the stuff to do the rear brakes. I think i need to look at it first and see what’s worn. Hadn’t even thought about it being something to do with the brake/E brake assembly

General advice on a light metal clanky noises from the rear will most likely be brake related or in my case the sway bar rubber was very worn and the links would clank around on dirt roads.

I'll give the bell crank assembly a go. I did inspect it but hard to replicate the noise unless driving over bumps

Easy to check your rear sway bar bracketry hardware as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom