Rear brakes FF or Semi float,are they the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

joekatana

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi everybody,I have a question about the rear brakes.I am using a HJ61 FF rear axle on my 40,when I installed this I replaced the original brakes with a disc brake conversion.However I am in need of a mechanical E-brake now and need to put a original set of drum brakes on again.It's realy hard to find the complete set from a FF axle so I was wondering if I can use everything from a SF and put that on my FF?

Maybe anybody has the 2 available and can compare them?

Grts

Joeri

identical. i put the brakes from my SF on my FF. bearings are the same as the front knuckles too for future reference

x2, identical. FWIW, bearings are the same as 80 series front and rear axles ( FF rear of course ) as well as 40 series front axles.

identical. i put the brakes from my SF on my FF. bearings are the same as the front knuckles too for future reference

x2, identical. FWIW, bearings are the same as 80 series front and rear axles ( FF rear of course ) as well as 40 series front axles.

Thanks guys I already found out about the bearings when I overhauled them completely about 2 years ago.

My only fear was that the backing plate could be different and maybe even the whole in the drum was smaller/bigger?

Grts

Joeri

Thanks guys I already found out about the bearings when I overhauled them completely about 2 years ago.

My only fear was that the backing plate could be different and maybe even the whole in the drum was smaller/bigger?

Grts

Joeri

The original drums on the FF were a bit thicker material and therefore a bit heavier. But the inner dimensions are identical and the SF drums fit fine on the FF.
j

This has been covered countless times but The Streetrod Manufacturing Co has a tcase ebrake that's far more effective than perfectly-operating drums: FJ 60 Land Cruiser

You could keep your rear discs.

This has been covered countless times but The Streetrod Manufacturing Co has a tcase ebrake that's far more effective than perfectly-operating drums: FJ 60 Land Cruiser

You could keep your rear discs.

This won't work for me I have the H151 installed from a 80 series on my 40 and my driveshaft is already on the short side,I wish do I could use it:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom