Rear brake service video finished (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cool. FF too.

awsome!!!!!!!!! been looking for something like this

Ah man this is the $#@&. Very nice now can you make one of these for everything else I will need to do to my 62 over the next few years?

Thanks for this Louis. I'm going to tackle my rear drums on my FJ40 (same rear drums as a 60).

Very nice VID! Wish mine were that corrosion free when I open them up... alas, life in the rustbelt, sigh!

Very nice, useful, and professional looking video. Awesome!

just payed the shop waaay too much money to do this for me. Never again!!! Thank you so much for the video!! Feel free to make more for other common repairs... :)

Makes me want to get some pads and do my brakes!!

Well, after watching your video I just ordered 2 NEW OEM wheel cylinders from Cdan, since the reman. units lasted about 4 years since I put them in until 1 started spewing brake fluid (noticed this when I bled the brakes after replacing master cylinder and front calipers)!

I've got 2 questions for you Louis....
1. - Not sure what sleeve you mean in the bellcrank assembly? At first I thought you meant the clip that goes on the bellcrank where the cable attaches to the external part of it, but after re-watching the video, i see that is installed so.... hmmmm
2. - I see your tension spring goes right over the adjuster, so cool, is that original or replacement? mine is same as shown in the 84-90 FSM, I guess you could call it a segmented spring & it runs below the adjuster

Thanks for a professional video. Much appreciated. Great Job!

2. - I see your tension spring goes right over the adjuster, so cool, is that original or replacement? mine is same as shown in the 84-90 FSM, I guess you could call it a segmented spring & it runs below the adjuster

I think it looks different b/c of the full floater. Looks like the bracket that holds the spindle on would get in the way if you had the spring run under the adjuster like on a semi-float.

Just for reference. I was going to order new adjusters from SOR, but found them for half price at RockAuto.

Raybestos part numbers (bought from RockAuto.com):
H12549 Right Side Adjuster kit (search under 1991 FJ80) $12.28
H12548 Left Side Adjuster kit (search under 1991 FJ80) $12.28
H17253 Spring kit $11.27

IMG_3985.JPG

Ah, I realized this was a full floater, but that never occurred to me, thanks for that Dave!! Your pic is what I've got.

John

Thanks for taking the time to make this video. Very helpful, I'm sure I can do this myself.

73, James - KF4AQO Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom