Rear Brake Proportioning Valve leaking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1996 L/C and today when getting new tires the mechanic said that my rear brake proportioning valve was leaking and asked if I wanted him to fix to the tune of $488. I said no thank you. Knowing that I had ih8mud when I got home. :clap: Anyway, my truck is stock with no lift. How do I go about replacing this rear brake proportioning valve and is it easy to replace? Where do I purchase the part from? Also, it would be great if someone had pics of how to do this. Thanks everyone!

X2 ^ , no need to buy a new one. Trust me, did that.

Hey I have a new one if you need it. Maybe a small fee or barter. I was gonna do the while I'm there swap when I did my lift. The rust gods have consumed that project and it's still working fine

Is the rebuild easy to do? If so, tell me how to do it and I will buy yours NLXTACY (since you offered first). Also, how much?

By pass it. Your truck has ABS it's kind of a belt and suspenders approach. The 98 100's don't have them.

By pass it. Your truck has ABS it's kind of a belt and suspenders approach. The 98 100's don't have them.

Be careful of this. I got a stern talking to by my auto insurance agent about this. Modifying your brakes, specifically by removing components (ABS, prop valve), makes you negligent in an accident and in certain cases the insurance company won't pay out. These are two things I won't even think about removing, especially being in CA.

Is the rebuild easy to do? If so, tell me how to do it and I will buy yours NLXTACY (since you offered first). Also, how much?

Yeah it's easy. Rebuilt a friends and thought it was easy enough I got a kit for my self. My prop valve was fine. PM me about the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom