Rear brake pin seems loose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The rear brake pin on just one side seems a little loose. Can anyone let me know either of the following:

1. there is one pin that has a notch cut out and another that is more round. Which one goes towards to the front of the trucK and which goes to towards the rear?

2. there is a little plastic or rubber piece that fits inside the caliper and snugs up the pin. What is this called and where can I get a replacement? Toyota didn’t have them and wasn’t too sure of the part, but thought is was called the “fit kit”.

The rear brake pin on just one side seems a little loose. Can anyone let me know either of the following:

1. there is one pin that has a notch cut out and another that is more round. Which one goes towards to the front of the trucK and which goes to towards the rear?

2. there is a little plastic or rubber piece that fits inside the caliper and snugs up the pin. What is this called and where can I get a replacement? Toyota didn’t have them and wasn’t too sure of the part, but thought is was called the “fit kit”.
Are any of these the parts your referring to?

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 06.24.00.png

Last edited:
There was, when I removed the pins, a little rubber/plastic sleeve inside the shoe where these pins go. Not the ones near the head of the pins.
Regardless, one of the sides jiggles just a little bit, and it’s from those pins being a little loose. What’s the fix for this?

ECA9D22D-23C7-484B-B8BF-F1A44D0AE0B4.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom