Rear brake Mystery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings, iH8mud forum! I appreciate you all so much, and while I haven't posted much, I have read many of your posts and appreciated your insight. (Because of you, we changed heater T's yesterday and discovered they were already seeping and crumbled when we pulled them.) Today, however, I find myself in need of your collective wisdom.

We recently replaced all the pads (OEM) and rotors (O'Reilly) on our beloved 2001 LC100. A few days after bedding the brakes, the passenger rear started squeaking. Took apart and inspected the parking brake (also had new shoes). Still squeaked. Noticed the OEM new pads had delaminated in the rear pad. Replaced with O'Reilly pads. 1 day later started squeaking again. Figured the rotor may be warped - swapped it with a new one from O'Reilly. A couple of days later started squeaking again. Figured we had a hung-up caliper, so we replaced it with OEM rebuild from RockAuto. Still squeaked. Applied Permatex Synthetic Disc Brake Quiet. No joy. We're at our wits' end. Sunday, we drove twelve miles to church, not a peep all the way there. Pulled into the parking lot, and the brakes gleefully announced our presence to the grimacing crowd walking in, all who craned their neck to see which poor soul was driving a squealer. My wife commented, 'this takes away from the cool factor.' HELP! Don't want our rig tarnishing the LC community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom