Rear Brake Caliper Won't Fit Back On (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’d probably take a pic and try to dig out the old rubber bushing that’s still inside of there.

Nah you don't need the inner rubber bushing, it'll like expand and get stuck again in the future. Just sand down that pin and clean out the hole and regrease it and put it back in, make sure your outer boot is nice and tight and does not let any water in, if any water goes in there, next time around it won't come out at all.

Yeah, what @JunkCrzr89 said, that rubber bushing probably still down in the slide pin tube. Probably have to dig it out in pieces with a pick.

Got it out with a .22lr bore brush attached to a drill. It was in there good, couldn't dig it out with a pick.

IMG_1493.jpg

Got it all back together, is it normal to have some play or float in the caliper? I did fully compress the piston before assembling. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I took a short video of it below:

^^ That's normal, squeeze the brake pedal and it'll compress and stay firm in there.

Went and bedded the pads last night. Had some squeaking from the driver side after a few minutes of driving. I took it apart again and added some more grease to the pins, I think I was a little stingy with the single use packet included with my brake kit so I bought some more brake grease. Went for a 20 minute drive tonight and heard no squeaking.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom