rear body mount bolts / one inch body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my truck is over at my friends who is working on it for me.

1986 FJ60..

We are doing a one inch body lift..

What magic tricks are involved in getting access to the rear most two body mount bolts. I know about the access holes.

Any trick to getting the bolts out of the access holes once loose and any trick to installing new bolts once body lift installed?

All bolts are loose now and the issue is getting the two most rear body mouint bolds out of the access hole and then starting the new new bolts in there???

I'm hunting through the forum to see... what I can find.

If I remember correctly, just push them out once the nuts are off.

The body I replaced was extremely rusty so most of the bolts were corroded into the steel sleeve in the rubber mounts, might take some pounding to get them out. You might even have to sneak a sawzall in a gap and cut the bolts.

Tony

we got it....access via the access panel under the rear of the body.

A little FYI...

Those two rear body bolts access holes that have the little cover on them fastened with screws...
If you have corroded screws and access to a parts 60, the screws on the inside of the tailgate window hatch have the same screws holding down all the access plates as the body bolt access plates.

Glad you got them.

I used an impact driver to loosen the screws holding the access panel in place. My truck is not very rusty, but they were stuck in super tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom