Rear blower as air purifier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I convert the rear blower to an air purifier by mounting a filter over the intake? Has anyone done it already?

Last edited:
Using the existing rear blower assembly as an air purifier is a interesting idea. The intake for the unit is low in the truck on the passenger side. I don't think you would be able to get a MERV 13 filter to fit behind the plastic molding but you might be able to rig something up on the outside. You would want to provide a pretty large surface area for the filter so the airflow across it is not too high. Alternatively, you could look at something like the IQair Atem car purifier. It mounts to the back of the headrest, operates on 12V, and has HEPA and carbon filters. I have been thinking about one, but havnt made the purchase yet.

Empowering the World to Breathe Cleaner Air | IQAir - https://www.iqair.com/us/personal-air-purifiers/atem-car

Using the existing rear blower assembly as an air purifier is a interesting idea. The intake for the unit is low in the truck on the passenger side. I don't think you would be able to get a MERV 13 filter to fit behind the plastic molding but you might be able to rig something up on the outside. You would want to provide a pretty large surface area for the filter so the airflow across it is not too high. Alternatively, you could look at something like the IQair Atem car purifier. It mounts to the back of the headrest, operates on 12V, and has HEPA and carbon filters. I have been thinking about one, but havnt made the purchase yet.

Empowering the World to Breathe Cleaner Air | IQAir - https://www.iqair.com/us/personal-air-purifiers/atem-car
Thanks.

Last edited:
I tend to use a short length of garden hose (one end up to my ear) to locate the source of sounds. It works well for rattles and squeaks if someone else is driving, so I figure it'll help you find the blower intake pretty fast and without dislocating your neck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom