Rear Bench Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yzftaco

Goofy-Goober
Threads
Howdy I'm looking to put a forward facing bench seat in my 40.

I've done searches and know which ones will "fit" ... I can get a CJ7 rear seat for cheap. BUT it's only 34" wide and the tub between wheel wells is 40"s.

My question is which seats will fit snugly between the wells. I'd like the widest seat possible. I don't want a gap of several inches between the seat and well.

So out of these seats which would work best? (looking for cheap alternatives, not a $350 seat from a vendor)

Suzuki Sami
Suzuki Sidekick
Geo Tracker
Montero
Dodge Raider
Izuzu Trooper II
Heep YJ/ TJ or CJ
Early Bronco

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
edited first post... not looking for a vendor's seat which costs a mint.

Also, I have searched... most posts talk about what seat will "fit" Not how it fits.

Thanks guys

Jeep TJ seat fits perfectly between the wells. It's about as wide as you can get before you have to go on top of the wheel wells.

Here is how a Suzuki rear seat fits in my 40.

It folds forward up against the front seats. I plan on replacing the retractable seat belts with standard seat belts to get them out of the middle of the bed and I don't trust these particular retractable.

Rear%20Seat%202.JPG

I have a suzuki sidekick rear bench seat sitting in my garage. The front two mounting points align perfectly with the two body mount bolts inside the tube and fits just perfect between the fender wells.

I ran the Best Top fold/tumble CJ7 seat in mine($100+). As for the gap on each side, I used 2x2 sq. steel. Blocked each side to connect to the wells, and blocked it up off the floor w/ the same. I plan on re-doing the blocks and integrating it all into the roll cage.

So far sounding like Sidekick and TJ are the widest between wheel wells.

More pics would be great!!

Thanks guys

Sorry no pic but I can confirm that the Geo Tracker / Suzuki Sidekick or Sammy seat fits very snuggly between the wheelwells. And yes, the front bolt holes line up almost perfectly with the body to frame bolts in the floor. When you find one at a salvage yard, be sure to get ALL mounting hardware and brackets. Don't pay more than $30 or $40 for a seat in great shape.

Good Luck

i have posted these before, but here is what the CJ seat looks like in my 40. it does not go all the way to the sides but there is enough room to step in between the wheel well and seat.
a.JPG
seat pic 2.JPG
IMG_0509a.JPG

sidekick seat here . fits snug . my buddy used the bronco seat . it looked nice too i liked the arm-rest's ,easy too mount also , i am still looking for the bronco seat myself . only problem with the bronco seat is it doesn't fold down

Suzuki Sidekick
Geo Tracker

I think it's the same, went in my rig in 15 minutes from start to finish and looks like it was made to go in there... I would say there's 1.4" in either said but I mean, to me it looks about perfect...

early bronco fits pretty tight and lines up perfectly on the ridges, but i would rather have a fold and tumble.

Wow, I love this site!! Thanks a lot guys!

Definitely looking for a fold and tumble, having that option would be nice.

Nice set-up Gunman... still want something wider though.

So I'm looking for a Sidekick,Tracker, or TJ seat now ;) Gotta hit the junkyards...

Cheers, to all of you:beer: :beer: :beer:

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom