rear axle tie down.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
In the past, I've always used a single center axle strap to a car-rated ratchet strap....works great, quick and easy to install and check.

However, with the new suspension design, I have no easy way to wrap the center....the pic shows my idea.

Any thoughts? I figger if the bracing is strong enuf for the links, tieing the rig down should be perfect too...this is high enuf to not interfere with anything,, and it's exactly centered.

Tacked for now....final welding tomorrow...but wanted opinions....

sound good to me ...you trust your weld right ;)

i like the idea, tell me how well it works as i an sorta copying your rear link setup. might as well copy that if it works. i was working on taking out my rearend today. i was looking at how everything was going to come together and i might need to shorten my link arm lengths. i have a rock box and that cuts me short on room between t-fer and rearend.

how long has it been since you had that 40 out on the trails man??? i remember posts froma while back...mine was in garage for a few months and it feellss soo good to get the monster back out on the trails ...i was slowing going insane...good luck bro and get her back out there....

[quote author=kling-on link=board=1;threadid=12704;start=msg116766#msg116766 date=1078685089]
sound good to me ...you trust your weld right ;)
[/quote]

hehehe....yes, I do!

rig went down for the susp work in early Dec. Next ride is Mar 20th with SpaceGhost in Attica. Good testing trip prior to Moab.

I put 7000 miles on the Lemon (motorhome) in 2003, all travelling for wheeling trips....a couple months of shop time was necessary!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom