rear axle shims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

metalonmetal

Rebuilding
Threads
i just ordered a 4" lift, 1.5" extended shackles and a pair of 4 deg shims for the front... it just dawned on me though, do i need a pair for the rear?

Welcome.

Only if you get some vibration. Of course, that is if your ujoints are not worn, and causing the issue...

Who's springs?

Did they recommend shims for your application?

Run it, and see. I have not ever needed to shim a rear axle, but your results may vary...

Good luck!

-Steve

i plan on replacing the u-joints, they're hfs springs and extended barbell shackles. they didn't give me any advice. although their site is kinda informative if you are the researching type. basically what you're saying is it wouldn't hurt to just put the shims in there?

I was wondering if the manufacture of the spring suggested that you use them in any of their sales literature concerning your specific application.

I also stated that I had not ever ran into needing them in any of the lifts that I have installed, or vehicles that I have worked on over the years, in the rear axle, specifically. I am aware that there are people that have needed to use them, and that it has cured their vibrations. I was also trying to say that vibration issues can be a sign of bad u-joints, along with bearings in gear boxes or differentials.

Good luck!

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom