Rear Axle bracket for upper control arm + sway bar replacement source??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OOCustoms

GOLD Star
Threads
Hi all- Both my brackets on the rear axle for the passenger side upper control arm and sway bar have broken off- too rusted to repair, I'm going to have to weld new brackets to the axle. Has anyone found a source for these brackets?

I have already fabbed and welded on the Pan hard bar bracket- just trying to see if there is a source to save labor/time.

I have already fabbed and welded on the Pan hard bar bracket- just trying to see if there is a source to save labor/time.
The bracket itself is probably multiple pieces of sheet metal designed to be welded using a system of jigs and fixtures on a bare housing. I think you'd be spending a lot of time cutting off the old bracket, grinding bare, and then using the ol' eyeball method if you tried buying the raw brackets. Take advantage of the fact that the geometry is still there - just plate / reinforce / restore.

Yeah, I'm starting to go through those guys, Artec, etc.

There really isn’t enough good metal left for it to be worth it

E34C4F93-BD2B-4984-93B5-718093A5B9CE.jpeg

Stop what you are doing....

"A" grade Locked axle 48 miles from Nantucket.... you'll need to swap in your gears though... or swap the front's to 4.3's....

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 11.14.29 AM.png

Stop what you are doing....

"A" grade Locked axle 48 miles from Nantucket.... you'll need to swap in your gears though... or swap the front's to 4.3's....

View attachment 2130587
Hoser, nice work! I was headed in this direction, thanks for the info.

Hit them up via Live Chat. I'm sure you know....pretty much all salvage yard prices are negotiable.

Hit them up via Live Chat. I'm sure you know....pretty much all salvage yard prices are negotiable.
Hmmm... for some reason when i search under 2003 LC that axle doesn't come up- only 2002 and earlier... I am not aware that anything changed from '02 to'03...thoughts?

Hmmm... for some reason when i search under 2003 LC that axle doesn't come up- only 2002 and earlier... I am not aware that anything changed from '02 to'03...thoughts?

Locked in 98-99 only (I think?), @hoser found the 99. That's why he mentioned swapping gears as well.

Given the amount of work you're already in for, I'd be inclined to go that way as well.

Source another axle from junkyard - that thing is already become an artificial reef material

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom