Rear Auxiliary/Work Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I won’t have a roof basket/rack until spring, but would like some more light pointing rearward.

Has anyone mounted rear facing lights with the captured nuts and bolts from the rear wind deflector?

I know I can physically do it, just not sure how it will look.

If it wasn’t 10 degrees out, I’d go throw one on and see!

won't help the mileage. How about a portable spotlight?

IMHO it would look kinda goofy hanging out up there all on it's own.

I'd second the portable idea.

If you already have a rear spoiler, why not just mount to it? Do a search and you'll find a picture of my 93 setup, which is the exact light that I'm planning to mount into the spoiler on the 97. Sitting on the bench, the switch and wiring are in place.

DougM

I don't know if my '94 has any captive nuts back there??????

No spoiler - no nuts.

Doug-

Had your pics saved on my computer from last time! How do you plan to mount it on your new truck to the spoiler, bolt mounting plate to to the spoiler?

Last edited:
I think I am going to just drill right through the spoiler wherever it minimizes the height and other interferences. I don't want it hitting the back edge of my roof box, or bike racks when they're in use. The slight standoff of the spoiler will allow the light to be better used when the hatch is up - something the 93 in the pics suffers slightly on. On the 93 the hatch blocks close up illumination of the ground when the hatch is open, but otherwise is an ideal location.

I was thinking about trying to make a bracket that would clamp on the spoiler without permanently damaging it, but the spoiler's not difficult to replace nor rare in any way. So, bolting to it will make for a durable mount. I just had the mounts both powdercoated and then remounted the 93. These lights swivel both up and down and side to side so they're surprisingly versatile. They're dazzlingly bright since the light actually contains two 55w bulbs - each with it's own FF reflector. You can just make out in the top picture that there are two vertically oriented ovals under the lense - those are the two reflectors. They're water tight, vibration resistant and the one you're looking at has been up there for almost 100,000 miles with original bulbs. The other one has been on a previous truck for 45,000 miles and will soon be remounted - again original bulbs. Check them out on Hella's website. I think they're the FF Work Lights and they're in the farming section as they're designed for combines, etc. You can choose one of 3 light patterns - all designed for the exact position I have them in which is high up and looking downward. Great product and one I can recommend without reservation.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom