Rear aluminum step on LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The little things that make you happy,

A couple months ago I was rear ended by an expedition. just a light tap corner to corner but destroyed one of the bumper caps, I got a bumper set from First Toy to fix that along with some previous damage to the other cap.

but wile I was at it I wanted to add one of the more distinctive Land cruiser parts that is missing on the LX450, the 450 step is part black plastic and part just painted and does not look as good nor hold up as well as the extruded aluminum. Beowulf sent me one from his 80.

bolts right up using the same bolts, fits well except There is a slight gap at the vertical face.

Now not only do I have a straight bumper again it just looks more like an 80 to me now :)

Thanks Guys :beer:
step1.jpg
step2.jpg
step3.jpg

Who could forget that license number??:confused:

Very nice Raven! :D I'm glad it worked out and didn't get bent up during shipping. I had to build one long box using 2 keyboard boxes.

-B-

It arived just fine no problems at all. :)

the plate is a photo chop,

the plate is a photo chop,

Good idea! Hopefully the thousands of people a day that see your truck, won't look at your license plate, either. :rolleyes: :D :)

on the street it is just a random plate with nothing in particular attched to it.

Just becuase you are parinoid does not mean they arent out to get you.

glad it worked out Raven, lucky we have the same color lx!

If you wanted to go the extra mile, polishing makes it look really nice. I used some metal polish and a buffing wheel, and then followed it up with Zoops Seal which prevents it from oxidizing again. It really makes a big difference! I usually don't like shiny, but its the only natural aluminum finished piece on our trucks and it adds just enough accent not to make it too cheesy.

Raven:

Very nice, I've been meaning to do this as well. How does it bolt in? As it stands, I have cut out a piece to access the pintle holes for a hitch - but I like your approach.

Anyone want to sell me the plate off of your old bumper?

Cheers, Hugh

Raven:

Very nice, I've been meaning to do this as well. How does it bolt in? As it stands, I have cut out a piece to access the pintle holes for a hitch - but I like your approach.

Anyone want to sell me the plate off of your old bumper?

Cheers, Hugh

well all you gotta do it remove the hitch mud flaps and bumper caps and you can then remove the LX step, the LC step bolts right in using the same 4 bolts in the same spots at the sides under the caps,

here are some possibilities for donor LC steps

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=133115

cruzizzle I'll have to try giving it a gool polishing and see how I like it.

man that looks like some wanna be aireo plane muhkanik did that. :D i got it you want to be me ;)...... looks good man, now remove all that other lexus crap. hey when ya gonna lift it?

Last edited:
man that sucks, hey aint you supposed to be working right now?

man that sucks, hey aint you supposed to be working right now?

nope not til 10, I did get 2nd shift in the bid :D, rotating off days :frown: but does not go into effect til next month.

Thanks

"C"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom