Rear AHC Failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A few days ago, out of nowhere the rear end completely dropped on my '00 LX470 and it rides like garbage. Obviously. It's all the way down on the bumpstops and the height is not effected when I raise and lower the AHC. The front will go into L - N - H just fine. I can get some awesome stinkbug action going!

I shorted the TS and E1 terminals in the DLC1 and completed the FSM Height Control Test. The front works great...the rear does not move. When I try to raise the rear end manually, I can hear the pump turn on and stay on as long as I hold the switch down...but there are no results.

I'm guessing the electronics are all fine as I can hear the pump engage. Does this mean the rear globe is out? Any suggestions on how to proceed?

There is a micro switch/sensor, mine failed while going though traffic and back end sagged.
Replaced the rear sensor and all fixed.

that's a pretty expensive sensor...is it worth replacing or scrapping the AHC for a OME suspension for a Land Cruiser? Any suggestions @PADDO?

Pretty sure this will work for you. There is but a single level sensor for the rear AHC.

level sensor.jpg

that's a pretty expensive sensor...is it worth replacing or scrapping the AHC for a OME suspension for a Land Cruiser? Any suggestions @PADDO?
You’ve described a failed height sensor potentiometer or possibly it’s bracket/lever mechanism. First off I’d crawl under the rear and check the mechanism still appears to be secure and functional. If it is a failed height sensor potentiometer (likely) you can score an Aisin replacement with the bracket/lever from Rock Auto for about $170. Alternatively, you can purchase an aftermarket potentiometer made by Dorman (part 924-755) for $55 off Amazon. You graft the Dorman potentiometer on to your existing bracket/lever mechanism. Search Dorman 924-755 will bring up a few hits and tricks regarding ensuring the lever arm is properly transferred without over rotating the new sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom