Rear ac unit swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I recently had my mechanic swap all my rear ac lines in my 2003. When i bought the car five years ago I immediately realized the po had done the rear ac cutoff (it was while replacing my front ac unit) . Anyways three years later the guys at toyopartsonly in Hollywood let me know that they got in vehicle with a pristine set or rear ac lines so I grabbed em and had em swapped. Unfortunately, in reconnecting I realized why the po probably did the rear ac cut. The white rear ac assembly is no good. I got a new working one for a pretty sweet deal. Is it hard to put in myself. Anyone done this?

Anyone?

I don't recall any threads on it, just mostly those that "delete" the rear AC by cutting and capping the lines, usually leaving the rear unit alone. I'm sure you could take a look at the FSM and see what's involved. Remove enough bolts/screws and anything comes apart.

Do you have a photo of the unit? Is it the complete evaporator and housing, TXV, etc.....?

Do you have a photo of the unit? Is it the complete evaporator and housing, TXV, etc.....?
1618499093510.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom