Rear Ac part list needed for 2003 lc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Soooo, I’ve got baby number two on the way and my wife had already complained about my rear Ac not working . PO capped it at the front near the passenger front wheel. Does anyone have the a/c lines part list. It’s a 2003 Landcruiser. Toyota diagrams are garbage

thanks

Does this help? It's for a '00 LX but the part numbers should be nearly identical to yours. Also, the parts list in the second pic is off by one space either up or down (I forgot because I didn't make the list I just have it saved). So double check it's the right part corresponding to the one you're looking for in the first image.

AC Lines 1.JPG

AC Lines 2.JPG

Jesus, lot of parts, mind is capped at the y

Is $200 for everything out the compressor. except the suitcase (the thing behind the panel in the back) a good deal?

Last edited:
Why do you need everything? It depends on how/where they cut it and plugged it. The small line running from front to back likely rusted at each holder bracket. which is probably the original reason they capped it off, and I'd replace that whole thing. I just used generic NiCopp line myself for it, with a splice kit at each end.
The big diameter line he probably just cut in one spot in order to cap the whole thing, but I doubt it could be spliced back together easily. It looks like there are three segments, which I doubt rusted. You could just replace the section that was cut, if he left the other pieces still hanging there.

There must be another issue but here’s what saw at cap
36ADCC14-70D5-4FFF-90B4-A48B225B7CB3.jpeg

0F62287E-0D52-4FFC-A974-DAE85CB7A3ED.jpeg

The rear lines are broken into smaller pieces. Look at the diagram and pick the pieces you need to replace accordingly. Also inspect the lines at the passenger front wheel well, as there are problematic areas on the 100s

Its anyones guess as to why the PO cap'd these lines.. could be a leak further down the system they didn't want to fix

I’ve seen dozens of people on both here and FB have leaking rear lines, and many capped lines to solve it. On mine, I had leaks at atleast 2 or 3 places on that small diameter line, all at places where the brackets hold it in place. Something about the metal there makes them corrode. Just bump them a little and they start leaking. No such corrosion on the big line, which was much thicker and has lower pressure. It could’ve been something else in this case, but my bet I see on that small diameter line.

The big one that’s cut is like $185 alone and I see the little one next to it is also broken/cut and it’s like 80$.
That said I’m going to buy the front to back for $200 and off a low mileage 2006 and then my mechanic can replace others that look s***ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom