Rear AC line leak questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The thin line is leaking by the rear passenger-side tire. I was able to undo it above the muffler, but don't know how to undo the rear connection. Aand, I broke the bolt holding the bracket thingy

1656218447371.png

How do I get this off?
Also, is the thin line #6 or #4 here? Rear AC Lines for 2004 Lexus LX470 | Longo Lexus - https://parts.longolexus.com/v-2004-lexus-lx470--base--4-7l-v8-gas/hvac--rear-ac-lines
It looks like #4, which is about $300 :/

Keep it simple. Cut and block the rear lines and re-charge your system. I did this a few years ago with zero regrets and my daughter still complains how cold the truck gets with only the front AC.

Keep it simple. Cut and block the rear lines and re-charge your system. I did this a few years ago with zero regrets and my daughter still complains how cold the truck gets with only the front AC.
Did you do the block in the engine bay? Both the 3/4 and 5/16 lines?

I have a break in the thinner AC line just behind the front passenger tire. By chance does anyone know the part number? I’ve been all over the McGeorge Toyota website and the diagrams are not clear on which pipe is which.

What were y’all’s symptoms to realize you had a break or leak? I’m about to go search for a leak after not finding anything in the engine bay after using a dye Freon.

I had a buddy try to add freon with the chemical that illuminates under the black light into the AC system. When he tried, a weak spot in the AC line just behind the front passenger tire blew.

I recently re-blocked my rear lines after the PO’s “cut and block” job failed and leaked refrigerant.

Street rod guys sells 2 caps that fit perfectly onto the fittings that are behind the passenger wheel. A little more expensive than the Dorman kits, but a cleaner solution.

I recently re-blocked my rear lines after the PO’s “cut and block” job failed and leaked refrigerant.

Street rod guys sells 2 caps that fit perfectly onto the fittings that are behind the passenger wheel. A little more expensive than the Dorman kits, but a cleaner solution.

I just purchased the rear AC block kit from StreetRodGuys for $70. It should be here by the weekend. I’ll keep this post updated with the results.

I just purchased the rear AC block kit from StreetRodGuys for $70. It should be here by the weekend. I’ll keep this post updated with the results.

I tried installing the block kit a few weeks ago. The smaller AC line went pretty smooth but the larger AC line (I believe the discharge pipe?) is being a PITA. I installed it with the new O ring but when I charge the system, freon escapes from the cap. It should be noted, I replaced the O ring three times.

I did mine a couple weeks ago. Used the dorman 3/4” kit and the 5/16” kit. The gaskets are nice. 1 banana job.

To recharge the system after the block, do we have to attach a vacuum on one end and add Freon on the other? Or just adding Freon from the bottle is enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom