Rear A/C, Rear Defrost, Side Mirror Heater Buttons Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These three buttons aren't working. The green light on the rear A/C button comes on when you operate the rear A/C controls but I cant turn the rear A/C on/off with it.

Looks like these are separate fuses so am I to assume I need a new button panel? Any troubleshooting I can do?
InkedIMG_8263_LI.jpg

Thanks for any help.

i have the same problem. i haven't found a permanent solution but if you continue to press the button like you are playing a video game it will eventually turn on. the more you "exercise" the buttons they will turn on easier with less work.

I have the same problem in my lx. I find that when cold they have even less chance of working. I pulled off the trim and had a look behind but the contacts looked clean so i'm lost to why this might be.

I recently had mine apart changing some bulbs. I took some thick electrical tape and put tiny squares on the back side of the buttons between them and the board. Has held up for a few months, but I doubt it will be a permanent fix.

I recently had mine apart changing some bulbs. I took some thick electrical tape and put tiny squares on the back side of the buttons between them and the board. Has held up for a few months, but I doubt it will be a permanent fix.

I did the same thing and it has been working. (When / if it fails I'll try the soldering fix.)

I have the same problem... i cleaned the contacts on the board and the blue plunger with electrical contact cleaner with no change AT ALL. Has anyone tried sanding the contacts and plunger silicone contact lightly? Seems like re-soldering the button on the board is a bit overkill?

Hi new here but
maybe this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom